Wonderware is known for leading the way in innovative technology and solutions, but this Next Generation of SCADA is so ground-breaking and dramatic, that it deserves a new industry term – Operations Management Interface or OMI.
A powerful and intuitive system that has been built upon a framework of Wonderware System Platform and Wonderware InTouch for System Platform, it has significantly enhanced features that will surpass all traditional HMI/SCADA systems and empower users with an experience that goes beyond SCADA; a system with flexibility, scope and the capability of managing all operations.
Just a few of the improvements to the underlying system technology include:
- Improved UI Visual experience ie pan and zoom touch screen capability
- Expanded web based access
- Staged deployments
- Enhanced ability to collect, clarify and close the loop with IIOT data
The Next Generation SCADA operates with legacy HMI/SCADA systems, with the most sophisticated control room hardware, or with mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. Implementing it opens you up to the potential to improve upon three key attributes:
- Simplicity – Improves the user experience while delivering “out-of-the-box” content and process visualisation standards which greatly simplify the task of achieving optimal Situational Awareness of industrial processes
- Flexibility – Works with any device, adding modern form factors, smart navigation and displays capable of delivering a superior operations experience
- Scope – Third party app support is an integral part of the solution, helping drive further Information and Operations Technology (IT/OT) convergence